Getting stuff done involves understanding what to focus on and knowing when to quit.
A few of us coworking folk recently discussed the above sentence and our own ever-growing to-do lists. Natalie Tyler suggested we learn from Tom Platten-Higgins and perhaps start a Graveyard where projects die – a place to put our ideas to rest when we either don’t have the time to follow them up, or have taken them as far as we can. So we can put them to rest and get them out of our minds safe in the knowledge that others may find them and be inspired enough to do something with them that we couldn’t.
With the above in mind, we introduce the coFWD Graveyard and lay this idea to rest:
[DRAFT by Natalie and Carl] Halloween Camping in the Woods
If you think a camping trip over the Halloween weekend sounds both mad and brilliant, we’re organising the perfect event for you. Join us from Thurs 31st Oct to Saturday 2nd of November for a weekend of camping, moonlight cinema screenings and other paranormal activities as we venture into the woods for a spine tingling Halloween celebration.
Ticket price includes:
- A pitch in a secluded woodland campsite
- A moonlight cinema, screening movies into the wee hours (with some big-screen gaming)
- Food things (TBC)
Guests are welcome to wear Halloween costumes (if you want to stay in Zombie character all weekend that’s also cool).
You’ll need to bring:
- Your own tent, sleeping bags and bedding
- Camping gear – torches, garlic, crosses etc
- Your own beverages
- You’re welcome to bring chairs, bean bags, picnic blankets, etc.
- Warm clothing and suitable footwear. Please be prepared for cooler weather.
Moonlight Cinema Screenings:
Shaun of the Dead
28 Days Later
The Blair Witch Project
Additional computer gaming in the woods options:
Ghosts & Goblins
Organisational costs: (some already sourced and priced)
- Filmbank licencing of films: £116.40 per film = £465.60
- 5000 lumens Projector Screen with stereo-sound audio = £960.00
- Generator, lights and surge unit hire = £240 + collection + fuel
- Gazibo and firewood
- Campsite and toilet hire
- Food, drinks, supplies